Shawnee County CDDO
(Community Developmental Disability Organization)
Consistent with provisions of DD Reform Act, the Kansas Dept. for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) contracts with CDDOs across the State to arrange for I/DD supports and services.
The Shawnee County CDDO works with affiliating agencies to ensure quality services are provided.
CDDO responsibilities include:
- Single point of contact (entry) for people seeking I/DD services
- Maintain the county wide services access list for those waiting for services
- Work with people toward admission to needed I/DD services
- Provide information and referral services
- Gatekeeping for people living in a state mental retardation hospitals who wish to access community services
- Collaborate with affiliated agencies to ensure person centered and quality service delivery